+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  General Category
| |-+  OMG Balance
| | |-+  Gripes
| | | |-+  Overrepair
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Overrepair  (Read 3597 times)
Dr.Nick
AFK Subway Dev
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »

I disagree with OR being OP. I think the main issue with them is being able to repair at the same rate with a 1 man squad compared to a 4 man squad.

Then again there is that truck from Stuart, that might presumably NOT have food in it, although I doubt it."
-Lisek

An Airborne Conversation

Sir we're surrounded!
Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction we want!

..maybe some day they'll see..
A hero is just a man who knows he's free
The Anchor
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »

Yeah Robbie just ran a 6 squad version of this, cancer to say the least
Trapmaker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 01:23:00 AM »

It is too powerful.
Mostly because of W&T, or lack thereof.
I recommend reducing the maximum hp from 75/125/200 to 50/75/125, so that the vehicles take at least a little bit of actual damage.

it costs 120 mu per squad, Its fine.
Leaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 03:12:03 AM »

I think it may be worth considering whether or not we want to keep wear and tear as a mechanic or if we want to change it to not be so punishing for more basic repair units. This would obviously require doing something about PE repairs on all base squads, but I think it might be worth considering.
I would be cautious about this as it would massively buff heavy tanks.
I would not be. Tigers are a sub-optimal choice compared to investing the same resources in stugs or panzer4s. King Tigers are complete shit and just playing to lose. Pershings are meh and comparable, kind of, to shermans but vastly inferior to just spending the resources on a Calliope.  Only the JP is actually good but that is because unlike other heavy tanks, its survivability comes from speed and armor instead of just a wall of hp. HP tanks like the KT just get knocked to half hp, take 10 minutes to repair, eating half or more of your population, then come back and die instantly because they lost a third of their HP to wear and tear. Useless. The tiger/pershing have the same problems but not as bad.
Unkn0wnz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 08:10:57 AM »

What Leaf said is exactly right, the current iteration of wear and tear almost makes it pointless to run heavy tanks.
Trapmaker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »

What Leaf said is exactly right, the current iteration of wear and tear almost makes it pointless to run heavy tanks.

Actually it doesnt, It just makes it pointless to run heavy tanks in doctrines that dont have access to actual repairs, You think overrepair is an issue? Perfectionist repairs are a free upgrade and are extremely efficient in terms of WnT.
UnLimiTeD
Former R&R | RGD coder
Development

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 11:08:18 AM »

I have noticed that OMGs overrepair doesn´t actually have decay. As in, the health doesn`t drop over time. Which was likely done due to W&T, but W&T doesn´t work with overrepair, anyways.
Could reinstate that so overrepair isn`t something you can do 5 minutes ahead.
That said, I think it is a minor problem.

Quote from: userstupidname
I have never done any retarded quotes?
Revenge is a dish best served from the Barrel of a StuH.
EarthShaker12

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »

I would prefer removing the over repair and buffing the repair speed on experts instead, meaning the brits can get back in the fight faster then everyone else but still suffer wear and tear
Pages: 1 [2] Print