+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  News and Info
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Planned changelog
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Planned changelog  (Read 22719 times)
holoween
Game Design

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2019, 12:14:01 PM »

Upcoming Balance Changes:

Disclaimer: The listed changes are a work in progress, subject to change, and do not include upcoming mapping work.

WarCp

• Max VPs 25
  • 1 vp gained per game played
  • 5 starting VPs

Doctrines

Wehrmacht

• Terror
    • Heroes of the Wehrmacht
      • Bonuses from 15% to 10%
      • Vp cost from 4 to 6

• Medical Reformation
      • From 5 mp40s to 2

• Fog of War
      • Vp cst from 3 to 2

• Blitz
    • Rush to the front
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3

• Heavy Mortar Bombardment
      • Shell droprate and shell number increased by 25%
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3

• Blitzkrieg
      • Munitions cost from 90 to 70
      • Vp cost from 5 to 2

• Defensive
    • Advanced warning
      • Vp cost from 4 to 5

• Stronghold
      • Passive health regen increaed by 100%
      • Extra Hp on bunkers from +20% to +30%

• Karbines
      • upgrade option added to pak

• Registered Artillery
      • Munitions cost from 60 to 50
      • vp cost from 3 to 1

• Rocket Artillery
      • Vp cost from 7 to 4

Panzer Elite

• Tank Hunters
    • Schmeissers
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3

• Improved Scopes
      • Vp cost from 6 to 3

• Scorched Earth
    • Ignoring the Wounds
      • Purchasable for 50 munitions with 3max uses
      • Vp cost from 5 to 4

• Luftwaffe
    • Shift the Lines
      • Vp cost from 4 to 3

• Supressive Tactics
      • Cooldown from 90s to 180s

• Butterfly Bombs
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3

Americans

• Infantry
    • Here to clean up this mess
      • Rangers can no longer buy quadruple zooks. Ability instead allows removing Bazookas entirely and refunding the base munitions, as well as enabling a four BAR buy on rangers

• Potato Grenades
      • Vp cost from 5 to 1

• Medical Emergency
      • Vp cost from 2 to 4

• Long Tom Support
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3

• Smoke will block out the Sky
      • Time between shells from 2.5-3s to 1.25-1.75s
      • Vp cost from 5 to 2

• Snare Traps
      • Uses from 4 to 2
      • Munitions cost from 30 to 20

• Airborne
    • Recon Run
      • Vp cost from 3 to 1

• Strafing Run
      • Vp cost from 6 to 4

Brits

• Royal Engineers
    • Speaking from the pulpit
      • Vp cost from 3 to 1

• Manouver Training
      • Vp cost from 6 to 4

• Prepared Fighting Positions
      • Vp cost from 7 to 5

• Commandos
    • 25 Pounder Barrage
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3
      • Decoy munitions price from 20 to 5

• Proper Encryption
      • Vp cost from 5 to 3
      • Munitions cost from 60 to 40

• Radio Disruption
      • Vp cost from 3 to 1

• RCA
    • Creeping Barrage
      • Vp cost from 5 to 4

General

• Wehrmacht
    • Panther skirts cost from 110 munitioins to 90 fuel
    • P4 skirts from 100 munitions to 80 fuel
    • Stug skirts from 80 munitions to 60 fuel
    • Stuh skirts from 90 munitions to 70 fuel

• Pioneer medkit munitions cost from 20 to 10
    • Mg medkit munitions cost from 20 to 10
    • pak medkit munitions cost from 20 to 10
    • mortar medkit munitions cost from 20 to 10

• Puma resupply from 3 to 4
    • Halftrack resupply from 3 to 10
    • Bike resupply from 4 to 10

• Walking Stuka pop from 6 to 7
    • Walking Stuke Manpower cost from 200 to 250

• Stormtrooper 4mp44 munitions cost from 170 to 150
    • Pioneer Flamer munitions cost from 65 to 55

• Panzer Elite
    • Panther skirts cost from 110 munitions to 90 fuel
    • P4IST skirt cost from 80 munitions to 60 fuel
    • StuP skirt cost from 100 munitions To 80 fuel

• Fallschirmjäger pool from 10 to 15
    • Infantry Halftrack resupply from 5 to 10
    • Luftwaffe Infantry manpower cost from 210 to 200

• Americans
    • AAB Tompson munitions cost from 180 to 160
    • Ranger tompson munitions cost from 150 to 140
    • Ranger BAR munitions cost from 160 to 140
    • Engineer Flamer munitions cost from 70 to 60
    • BAR supression munitions cost from 95 to 85
    • Quad Halftrack fuel cost from 100 to 80

• Greyhound resupply from 3 to 4
    • T17 resupply from 3 to 4
    • Halftrack resupply from 4 to 10
    • Jeep resupply from 4 to 10
    • Mechanized Infantry resupply from 2 to 4

• Brits
    • LT resupply from 2 to 3
    • Universal Carrier resupply from 4 to 10

• Kangaroo Carrier pop from 6 to 4
    • Stuart Flamethrower pop from 8 to 7

• Sergeant upgrade manpower cost from 50 to 40

We will post our train of thought for those changes on the weekend, along with what we´ll likely look into next.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:38:42 PM by UnLimiTeD » Logged
Trapmaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

Medical Reformation

From 5 mp40s to 2

Why? This was never an issue.
robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 06:14:32 PM »

These changes are extremely underwhelming.  We have something like 8 or 9 active gripe threads addressing serious problems in the game. People are starting to get turned off by this stale meta, and allies are winning 20% less games than they should be. I do not believe vp nerfs and especially fuel changes are the answer. In fact I really believe that skirts costing fuel is a huge buff. When will you guys be posting official balance team responses to the forums over some of these more active gripe threads?
Trapmaker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 06:47:24 PM »

These changes are extremely underwhelming.  We have something like 8 or 9 active gripe threads addressing serious problems in the game. People are starting to get turned off by this stale meta, and allies are winning 20% less games than they should be. I do not believe vp nerfs and especially fuel changes are the answer. In fact I really believe that skirts costing fuel is a huge buff. When will you guys be posting official balance team responses to the forums over some of these more active gripe threads?

Dont see how this is underwhelming at all.
Tommy952
Rules & Regulations Member
Game Design

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 07:14:57 PM »

The gripes, from both the forums and the discord, have been compiled and are the first thing for us to go over for the next balance meeting. A lot of these changes are pre-site-down changes that never made it in and a long overdue (and I would suggest, reasonably comprehensive) doctrinal price rebalancing.

I am not sure I agree that there are "serious problems" with the game currently, but the meta has definitely started to converge on quad-zook Rangers versus KCH Terror builds, and I think this patch goes a decent way towards addressing that. It is only the first balance patch since the game has been back up so give us a bit of time, plenty more to follow!
Stu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to address some balance concerns. I know it takes time and effort and is often met with more demands for change or ingratiation.

If possible, I would like to make the following suggestions:

- Wehr LMG price adjustment (75 MU is cheap IMO, as much as i love them)
- AB RR price adjustment (200 MU is too expensive)
- Recon Tommy price or cool down adjustment

That is all that really stuck out, everything else is negligible

While we all may not agree with the changes, some change is better than no change. Lets give the new concepts a shot and see how they fit in.  Im particularly interested to see how Fuel-priced skirts will effect the use of axis armour
robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 10:13:02 PM »

The gripes, from both the forums and the discord, have been compiled and are the first thing for us to go over for the next balance meeting.

That is very nice to hear, thank you. As to your comment on the seriousness of the balance concerns and state of the meta, perhaps I was being dramatic, but I do believe people have become hyper aware of a lack of viable options Americans have.
The Anchor
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 10:43:18 PM »

Well i will say that I am happy you are doing something finally. Its not just terror running rampant with KCH its every doctrine and its acknowledged by the majority of the community that they are over preforming, also the switch of skirts from munitions to fuel is a huge buff, alongside a nerf to the AT capabilities of the allied best preforming doctrine, this may be extremely annoying. I think you should spend some time considering direct buffs to weak doctrines such as commandos and airborne and making their elite infantry more competivitely priced for what you get. This looks like another win for the axis, so what else is new  ::)
Snake

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 11:02:40 PM »

got to love the axis buffs
Lothen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »

Even with the quad zooks being removed, Infantry now probably has the best pound for pound assault infantry in the allied (us and cw) arsenal with 4x Thompson/bars and having a 130hp elite armor buffer for those weapons. Hopefully it will also make infantry company snipers less of a pain to deal with now that they dont get such pop efficient protection via 4/8 zooks for 6/12 pop.

The skirts change is an indirect buff for AB meta wise. Skirts shit on zooks, but overall dont change the performance of RRs too drastically. AB is still not a very interesting doctrine to play, but this is still technically a minor bump in their relative performance in the meta. Even so, if a skirts meta develops and axis players start taking Fuel RBs over Muni/MP, that will also be a major shift in the meta, as currently, MP bonuses are king.

I would have preferred seeing a 3x thompson upgrade and drastically reducing the muni price on Assault AB or removing them entirely and giving the weapons options to standard AB, but thats just wish-listing.

US armor got kinda overlooked though.

The PE re-supply changes are great as well. Maybe we will see less blobbing and a bit more clowncaring introduced to the meta. I feel IHTs are currently criminally undervalued by PE players.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 11:09:55 PM by Lothen » Logged
RazorSixActual
Development

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 12:30:22 AM »

Wehr doctrine winrates

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19yQeIVBznsfe3bUXUE4BkZh91rNW-HjFNdKHyTY_Yxs/edit?usp=sharing

Would love to know why Wehr is not seeing more nerfs that arent just specifically targeting Terror KCH. Balance team?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:38:51 AM by RazorSixActual » Logged
sdauz
Supporter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 12:43:24 AM »

Razor is right with his stats, it really shows KCH are a no the issue. Defensive players barely use them. Me and another blitz player are responsible for most blitz wins and razor is a massive outlier in the terror wins.

Allies need to be buffed more than anything else right now. Hopefully the balance team gets this  :-\
sdauz
Supporter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 12:44:49 AM »

Making medkits on axis mgs and other support weapons cheaper....seriously?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:46:29 AM by 123123123 » Logged
Leaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 02:59:43 AM »

Take out the 1 absurd outlier and the winrate is already negative. Take out the players spamming KCH (Less than 4) and the winrate is abysmal.

Perhaps if using grenadiers and volks were not an automatic loss people would use things other than the 1 unit that can, with a PE ally, achieve positive resource attrition.

Terror is only being propped up by 1 absurdly powerful ability on one of the only viable units that gets much stronger with a PE ally. Outside of that the doctrine doesnt have much impact, mostly just fun stuff. Although I think that the Propaganda Tower might be underutilized and stronger than people give it credit for. Would be easier to tell if I had seen more than 1 outside of my own.

Would really like to see the winrates other factions and doctrines. Also this just shows current companies that exist and not the ones with migrations. Honestly showing just this data is highly disingenuous because Id bet you anything the winrates of migrated accounts are lower than current - it is entirely possible that the current winrate for all factions and doctrines is positive using this methodology.
RazorSixActual
Development

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 03:10:52 AM »

Unfortunately the way we are currently set up we lose all stat data for the migrated or deleted company. We still have aggregate win data by SIDE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CFHGEoRXhO-tY3wWp6RCvn6oVJ-fshbpc_ANyfxH958/edit?usp=sharing

Total games 272
Allied wins 114
Axis wins 158
Axis win rate 58%
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print