+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  General Category
| |-+  OMG Tournaments
| | |-+  OMGMOD Relaunch Tournament 04/20/2019
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: OMGMOD Relaunch Tournament 04/20/2019  (Read 4654 times)
robieman
Development

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2019, 07:10:43 PM »

The format of these posts are awful because this forum keeps rejecting my posts, please see the bug board

Hello everyone, this weekend will mark the first tournament of OMG Mod?s Relaunch. This first tournament will be a pilot for possibly using this design to organize a tournament every weekend or every other weekend, depending on the demand.

Tournament Details

Games will be played on Saturday April 20th starting at 6pm GMT. The final games will likely conclude at midnight GMT.

Teams will be posted Thursday at 11pm GMT: Signups will be cut off as soon as 24 players are reached.

You sign up as a player solo. Teams will be generated by me.

I know who likes to and who does not like to play with each other in this mod.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:22:21 PM by robieman » Logged
robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:15:17 PM »

However, if you would like to talk with me anyways:

I will do my best to build the team you want to be on.

Here is the tournament rules:

There will be 8 teams of 3 players for this first tournament.

Each team will play a minimum of two games. Double elimination with teams progressing through a winners bracket and losers bracket.

There are four rounds to the brackets.
Axis and Allies will be decided around making sure teams play both at least 1 game of axis and 1 game of allies.
Round 3 will be at random. Round 4 will be best 2 out of 3, the winners bracket team will select their side game 3.

Teams will have access to no resource bonuses or Doctrine abilities unless I can work that out with UK. (I?d love for RB?s and Doctrines but I don?t think the website can support it at the moment). Games will be rehosted due to a drop at most 15 minutes in, once.

Most importantly: Every game will take place in one day. 4 teams will play 5 games, 2 teams will play 3 games, and 2 teams will play 2 games. A visual is provided below. If you cannot play a possible 5 games on Saturday you cannot play in the tournament. Do not concern yourself with extenuating circumstances, subs will be available, including myself, to fill in for a player who suddenly is unable to play. While the use of subs will lower the quality control of the teams, it will keep the games being played at a standard rate and will allow us to finish the tournament in one day

I will not be directly participating in this tournament (unless needed), I will only act as a sub for any team that needs it. If you are interested in subbing instead of playing, please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:22:08 PM by robieman » Logged
robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:23:10 PM »

LtUnderpants

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »

Why not make it premade teams, people get to play with friends and synergize strategies and companies to a much greater extent rather than with a "random" OMG player, makes it more appealing to watch in shoutcasts and replays aswell
UKPowerMax
Development

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 07:53:53 PM »

Teams will have access to no resource bonuses or Doctrine abilities unless I can work that out with UK. (I?d love for RB?s and Doctrines but I don?t think the website can support it at the moment). Games will be rehosted due to a drop at most 15 minutes in, once.

I will get back to you sometime this weekend.  :)

- Saavedra

robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »

Why not make it premade teams, people get to play with friends and synergize strategies and companies to a much greater extent rather than with a "random" OMG player, makes it more appealing to watch in shoutcasts and replays aswell

because it excludes players that do not have premades and creates much less balanced teams.
RazorSixActual
Development

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 08:44:28 PM »

Stacks
robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »

I will get back to you sometime this weekend.  :)

Hey this weekend was the tournament when you posted this, Im going to push it back a week instead now.

Nobody has signed up in the few hours this has been up so works well.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:23:02 PM by robieman » Logged
Otto von Saxony
Game Design

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 11:53:08 PM »

Im down.
robieman
Development

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 01:06:54 AM »

Two spots have been taken so far. GOING FAST

sdauz
Supporter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 02:57:04 AM »

Would like to cast some of these games!
LtUnderpants

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 03:36:35 AM »

because it excludes players that do not have premades and creates much less balanced teams.
You could still have randomised teams for people without teams who signed up

Stacks
Are you serious? Its a tournament.
GORKstar
Mapping

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 05:32:01 AM »

i am up for the tournament if it is going to happen on 20th
fabulousrug

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »

Sign me up chief