+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  General Category
| |-+  OMG Balance
| | |-+  Gripes
| | | |-+  ***ING STUPID TRENCHES
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ***ING STUPID TRENCHES  (Read 5044 times)
Batgirl

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »

Can you do smt about the free, invincible trenches?

At least as wehrmacht your options to kill these are way too few.

All tanks are useless against them - no dmg to units or the trench
All artillery is useless against them - very llittle dmt to the trench, no dmg to units.
sniper doesnt mostly hit them (a little better if you do observe)
The cover against infantry guns doesnt go away at close range making smgs useless vs trench

THIS leaves me with
flammenwerfer ht - it lasts very long against 4men zooks and takes 1 ap round hit to kill - useless (if it would instagib a wholet trench with first flameburst, they would work)
flame barage from stuka - its very easy to get away from the trench if you somehow manage to hit it, takes about 10 barrages to kill the trench
flame pioneers - a whopping 2 man squad way too easy to focus fire to be effective in a real game
nades - easy to dodge and get back in with the allied mansuperiority
volks and grenadiers unupgunned or with lmgs - these work for a trench or too but you go and attack a trench with riflenades for example and youre ***ed.
smoke and fire - yeah great in theory, but allied artillery will kill your mortar early to mid game so doesnt work in the end

Once you capture a trench - cant delete it - allies blobs of unupgraded rifles pwn you hard since for them its no problem and usually most cost effective is to just buy rifles with nades or grens and both do ok vs trench

On top you can hold ground sitting in a trench.

So can I get some more ways to destroy a trench please. I would prefer that the cover went away if you stand next to a trench - at the moment you can attack a trench with 170munies cloaked storms, shoot it from very next to it side and the unupgraded riflesquad will win. Same goes for kch and mp44s so pretty much all the axis shit thats usefullif you are attacking. But I will take anything  - dmg from arty, dmg from tanks, instagib from flamers, longer exit time from trenches to not be able to avoid nades

AND IF YOU ARGUE THAT ITS ONLY YELLOW COVER GFYS.

PS. some newb made me post this so dont ghet mad
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:42:03 PM by Batgirl » Logged
UKPowerMax
Development

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 08:45:16 PM »

All artillery

Nebel? I think it`s worth raising discussion around trenches though. :)

- Saavedra

holoween
Game Design

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 10:21:42 PM »

The key to taking out trenches is to kill the supporting units.
An unsupported trench is simply yellow cover against infantry fire and the main reason you cant usually exploit that is that its supported by mgs, mortars and at guns.
UnLimiTeD
Former R&R | RGD coder
Development

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 08:03:49 AM »

I believe trenches are indeed a bit too easy to get cozy in. Maybe they are just too easy to deploy.
What Iīve found interesting is that flamenades deal less dmg vs. tench cover, and I also wonder why snipers have such a huge penalty against them, though that`s probably for the better given the brits problems with finding one.
Having trenches cover less at close range might have even been the original plan, but I don`t think it`s even possible. We certainly didnīt do it in the past.

Quote from: userstupidname
I have never done any retarded quotes?
Revenge is a dish best served from the Barrel of a StuH.
Dr.Nick
AFK Subway Dev
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 11:19:12 PM »

Trenches and brit emplacements suck right now.

Then again there is that truck from Stuart, that might presumably NOT have food in it, although I doubt it."
-Lisek

An Airborne Conversation

Sir we're surrounded!
Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction we want!

..maybe some day they'll see..
A hero is just a man who knows he's free
EarthShaker12

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 06:48:39 PM »

Can you do smt about the free, invincible trenches?

At least as wehrmacht your options to kill these are way too few.

All tanks are useless against them - no dmg to units or the trench
All artillery is useless against them - very llittle dmt to the trench, no dmg to units.
sniper doesnt mostly hit them (a little better if you do observe)
The cover against infantry guns doesnt go away at close range making smgs useless vs trench

THIS leaves me with
flammenwerfer ht - it lasts very long against 4men zooks and takes 1 ap round hit to kill - useless (if it would instagib a wholet trench with first flameburst, they would work)
flame barage from stuka - its very easy to get away from the trench if you somehow manage to hit it, takes about 10 barrages to kill the trench
flame pioneers - a whopping 2 man squad way too easy to focus fire to be effective in a real game
nades - easy to dodge and get back in with the allied mansuperiority
volks and grenadiers unupgunned or with lmgs - these work for a trench or too but you go and attack a trench with riflenades for example and youre ***ed.
smoke and fire - yeah great in theory, but allied artillery will kill your mortar early to mid game so doesnt work in the end

Once you capture a trench - cant delete it - allies blobs of unupgraded rifles pwn you hard since for them its no problem and usually most cost effective is to just buy rifles with nades or grens and both do ok vs trench

On top you can hold ground sitting in a trench.

So can I get some more ways to destroy a trench please. I would prefer that the cover went away if you stand next to a trench - at the moment you can attack a trench with 170munies cloaked storms, shoot it from very next to it side and the unupgraded riflesquad will win. Same goes for kch and mp44s so pretty much all the axis shit thats usefullif you are attacking. But I will take anything  - dmg from arty, dmg from tanks, instagib from flamers, longer exit time from trenches to not be able to avoid nades

I dont take kindly to insults so please refrain from them just because i told you the correct way to air your gripe.
UKPowerMax
Development

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 07:21:54 PM »

I understand you are passionate about the topic but this is not really needed. Please refrain from posting in this manner as it is not helpful to your point.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:40:53 PM by UKPowerMax » Logged

- Saavedra

matrin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 12:57:08 AM »

About a month late to this party guys

la-la-la-la
12ocky

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »

Make (Pioneer) flamers cheaper, also smoke grenades. Could make for some interesting plays to use smoke and flames to clear out positions.
Pages: [1] Print